All prospective students must complete the online University of Kansas application. This application serves as the application for admission to KU, University Scholarships, and the Architecture program.
In addition, students must submit an Architecture Interest Profile to be considered for admission. Admission is highly selective and competitive.
Incoming Freshmen Requirements
Applicants must meet the following academic requirements:
- 24+ ACT (1160+ SAT) and 3.2+ GPA on 4.0 point scale
Applicants are recommended to have taken the following courses:
- 3 or more years of math
- 3 or more years of natural sciences, including physics
- 3 or more art or drawing classes (preferred over drafting classes)
- 2 or more years of foreign language
- For Spring semester: Oct. 1
- For Fall and Summer semesters:
- Priority Deadline - Nov. 1
- Applications received after Nov. 1 will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the final deadline of Feb. 1
- Kansas/Missouri Tuition Reciprocity: Reciprocity Guide and Reciprocity Note
- Personal Computing Recommendations: Student Laptop Requirement Guide
Students who wish to transfer into the Master of Architecture degree program with advanced placement and credit for design studios already completed at another school, must submit a portfolio of work in design studios for evaluation.
Students should send their official transcript to: KU Office of Admissions, 1502 Iowa Street, Lawrence, KS 66045-7594
Please contact Joan Weaver by email at email@example.com or by phone 785-864-3167 for additional details.
If you have any questions about your application please contact Joan Weaver by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 785-864-3167