2018 Distinguished Alumni Awards
Taking the opportunity to celebrate the exceptional contributions of an Arc/D alumni, we will celebrate the second cohort of Distinguished Alumni at the Fly High Banquet on Friday, October 19.
The School of Architecture and Design is accepting nominations of distinguished Alumni in the fields of Architecture and Design. The University will honor individuals who have demonstrated leadership and made a significant contribution to both the design and architectural professions. The School would like to receive nominations in the following categories, but are not limited to:
- Distinguished Alumnus Award– The Distinguished Alumnus Award is awarded annually to honor alumni who have demonstrated leadership, service, and professional merit. The award alumni
- Young Architect/Designer Award (in the profession under 10 years) – The KU School of Architecture and Design honors individuals who have demonstrated leadership and made significant contributions to the design or architecture profession early in their careers.
- Optional Categories will be accepted for exceptional candidates.
The nominees will select from one of the categories for recognition: professional achievement, public service, and related industries.
The winners will be selected by the Dean of the School and two additional tenured faculty members by appointment by the Dean. All awards will be made at the discretion of the Dean and the selection committee.
Dean Mahesh Daas, School of Architecture and Design, will receive nominations until July 19, 2018. Nominations forms/candidates’ portfolios will be accepted in PDF format of up to 10 pages emailed to the office of the Dean addressed to Patti Baker, Assistant to the Dean, at email@example.com. Nominations are now closed.
Winners will be selected by September 19, 2018. All winners will be notified shortly thereafter and will be presented with their awards at the Alumni Banquet following the Fall Symposium on Friday, October 19, 2018. Winners will be requested to provide a short presentation of recognition at the Banquet.
- July 19, 2018 – Deadline for Nominations
- September 19, 2018 – Announcement of Honored Alumni
- October 19, 2018 – Alumni Awards Recognition Dinner (following Fall 2018 Symposium)