Celebrate the achievements of the KU Architecture & Design community by nominating a classmate, colleague, former student, or other exceptional alumni for a 2021 KU School of Architecture & Design Alumni Award.The Alumni Awards honor individuals who have demonstrated leadership and made significant contributions to the design and architectural professions. Nominations can include graduates from any KU School of Architecture & Design degree program. In addition, Architectural Engineering alumni who graduated 2003 and earlier and Urban Planning alumni who graduated 2015 and earlier are eligible.*
The School will consider nominations in the following categories:
Distinguished Alumni Award
Honors alumni who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in leadership and professional merit in the architecture and design professions.
Distinguished Service Award
Honors alumni who have demonstrated exceptional service in the architecture and design professions. Nominees with exceptional achievements in related industries, and who have made influential impacts in other professions will be considered.
Young Architect/Designer Award
Honors “rising star” alumni (in profession under 10 years) who have demonstrated leadership and made significant contributions to the architecture and design professions.
DEADLINE: Nominations open October 25, 2021 and close 4:00pm CST January 21, 2022.
Winners will be announced on February 4, 2022.
In-Person Recognition Ceremony
Will take place on the evening of March 3, 2022
Winning candidates must agree to attend in-person recognition ceremony.
- Submission materials will be accepted in PDF format totaling 10 pages or less. Self-nominations are allowed.
- Nomination form (download below)
- 1-2 page statement detailing why the nominee is deserving
- Supporting materials that illustrate achievements, professional contributions, public service, etc. (e.g. images of built or creative works; lists of publications, exhibitions, awards; web links to portfolios, media mentions, etc.)
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Email submissions to:
Patti Baker, Executive Assistant to the Dean