LAWRENCE — Five University of Kansas School of Architecture & Design students have won awards from the Kansas City Architectural Foundation.
Since 1984, the foundation awards more than $300,000 to area architectural students. These awards come from “community architectural enthusiasts” donations. KCAF gives about $20,000 to students every year.
This year’s KU winners:
- Ethan Dorning, a fifth-year student from Kansas City, Missouri, who won the Sprekelmeyer Scholarship
- Darius Mathis, a third-year student from Leavenworth who won the AIA Kansas City Grant
- Ja Cori Edgely, a second-year student from Lenexa who won the Daw/Jarvis/Goodman Scholarship
- Samia Mansour, a fifth-year student from San Marcos, California, who won the Women in Design Scholarship
- Jose Moreno, a second-year student from Kansas City, Missouri, who won the Zilm Scholarship.
These architecture students are in their second, third and fifth years of study. Their awards range from $2,500 to $4,000.