Undergraduate Architecture Admissions
All prospective students must complete the online University of Kansas application. This application serves as the application for admission to KU, University Scholarships, and the Architecture program.
In addition, students must submit an Architecture Interest Profile and Resume to be considered for admission. Admission is highly selective and competitive.
Incoming Freshmen Requirements
Applicants must meet the following academic requirements:
- 24+ ACT (1160+ SAT) and 3.2+ GPA on 4.0 point scale
Applicants are recommended to have taken the following courses:
- 3 or more years of math
- 3 or more years of natural sciences, including physics
- 3 or more art or drawing classes (preferred over drafting classes)
- 2 or more years of foreign language
- For Spring semester: Oct. 1
- For Fall and Summer semesters:
- Priority Deadline - Nov. 1
- Applications received after Nov. 1 will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the final deadline of Feb. 1
Students who wish to transfer into the Master of Architecture degree program with advanced placement and credit for design studios already completed at another school, must submit a portfolio of work in design studios for evaluation.
Students should send their official transcript to: KU Office of Admissions, 1502 Iowa Street, Lawrence, KS 66045-7594
Change of School Students (Current KU Students)
Current KU Students who wish to apply for admission to Architecture will apply via the change of school form.